||There are several things that you will need to do on the day of your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day of the surgery unless instructed differently by the Nebraska Surgery Center staff. This includes candy, throat lozenges, chewing gum and tobacco products. If you do not follow these instructions exactly, your surgery will be rescheduled. A nurse will give you specific instructions regarding medications and guidelines for children.
- We require that all patients are accompanied by an adult who will receive the post-operative instructions. This adult will also drive you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure. If this adult is not with you, your surgery will be rescheduled.
- Shower or bathe, and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Bring your insurance cards and a driver's license or picture ID.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home. We cannot be responsible for lost items.
- Do not wear makeup or dark nail polish. If you are having surgery on an arm or leg, please remove the polish on the operative limb.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, please bring a case.
- If you are diabetic, please bring your glucose monitoring device and your insulin.
- If you use an inhaler, please bring that with you.
- If you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine, please bring it with you.